Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peach Pie

I live where they have an annual Peach Festival, peaches are in season and abundant right now, and my friend Mari just posted a peach pie recipe. I'm thrilled!

I used my homemade pie crust recipe I've had for almost 25 years. It was for an apple pie with crumb topping, but I used it for the bottom and top crust both.

Pie Crust
from my friend Marsha

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup shortening
5-7 T cold water

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening with two knives or a pastry cutter. Add water until dough is the right consistency. Roll out into two pie crusts.

Peach Pie
from my friend Mari

5 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 add'l T sugar

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry for your pie and place one crust into your 9-inch pie plate.

Peel and slice peaches. Mix peaches with lemon juice.

Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, and cinnamon; stir peaches into the mix.

Pour into your pie crust.

Cover with top crust and place slits in crust (I forgot). Seal crusts and flute edges. Brush water over the top crust and sprinkle the additional 2 T sugar over the top.

Cover edge of pie with 2 inches of aluminum foil to prevent excess browning. Bake for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake for about 15 more minutes or until crust is brown.

It tastes great warm with vanilla ice cream!

I know what's for breakfast tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you enjoyed it! It's one of our favorites.

Love Bears All Things said...

That looks good but also looks like a lot of work. I'll just eat my peach as it is.
Mama Bear

Betsy Brock said...

Peach pie is my favorite...next to pecan. :) Yours turned out perfectly, too! Sometimes mine are runny if the fruit is real juicy.

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Definitely a better breakfast than those cereals.

Gloria

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmm...that looks so good, Kayren!

Anonymous said...

This looks so easy and delicious! I have all those ingredients on hand - now I need to go buy some Texas peaches.

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma