Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lasagna

I don't know of any recipe for lasagna that doesn't take a long time to cook, usually at least an hour. But this one is quick and easy to make because you don't have to cook the noodles first. I love that! And it still only takes an hour in the oven.

Quick Lasagna

Ribbed Lasagna, uncooked (12 pieces)
32 oz prepared spaghetti sauce (like Prego or Ragu)
15 oz drained cottage cheese
12 oz grated Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb ground beef

Brown ground beef. Mix in spaghetti sauce. If the jar is a little less than 32 oz, I usually add some water and sprinkle some Italian seasoning in to make up the difference.

Spray cooking spray in a 9x13 glass pan. Place a small amount of the spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom. Place three strips of uncooked lasagna in the bottom and then one broken piece to fit and fill in across the short side.

(I usually put my cottage cheese in a colander while I'm browning my ground beef so if there is any excess liquid it will drain out.) Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese and 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce mixture on top of the noodles. I plop it down and then mix the two together as I spread it out across the noodles. It looks like this:

Then sprinkle 1/3 of your Mozzarella cheese on top of that. I actually just buy two packages of the shredded cheese and end up with 16 oz and use all of it.

Repeat these layers two more times.

Top with shredded Parmesan.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking an additional 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

This recipe came from a lasagna noodle box or a Ragu jar or someplace like that. I've had it for so long that I don't remember where it came from.

I tried those flat noodles once instead of the ribbed and they worked the same.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Looks good - and I like the quick part!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmmm...I love homemade lasagna!

Heather and Reese said...

That looks so good. We love lasagna!!!!

Heather and Reese said...

Oops, should have clarified, that was Heather...although, I think Reese's family would love it too :)

Heather

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma