Monday, April 12, 2010

The Other Special Sandwich

Now I'm just gonna say right up front that I know at least a couple of you are going to harass me and say this is a burger.

It is not a burger.

I eat my hamburgers with ketchup and mustard only. And never, ever with cheese.

This is obviously not a hamburger.

It's a Special Sandwich.

My hubby used to harass me too. Now he just leaves me alone to my little burger vs. special sandwich idiosyncrasies.

This is what starts it off as a Special Sandwich and nullifies it as a burger.

When Chili's used to serve a bacon-cheddar burger, or something of the sort on their menu, they served it with Thousand Island dressing. Now they don't even have Thousand Island dressing in the restaurant where you can get it on the side, so the only place I can get my Special Sandwich is at home when Hubby makes it for me.

We start out with his burgers, and I explained in this menu plan post how he gets them nice and juicy. Then top them with a slice of provolone and a slice of cheddar. Both are necessary.

You must also have bacon, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and buttered buns that have been toasted on the grill.

Yes, I put mine in a certain order before I put the Thousand Island dressing on top. I even dip it in more along the way.

Looks like something Scooby and Shaggy would eat.

It takes talent to get my big old mouth around that thing and not have it sliding all over the place. But I manage.

And in case you were wondering why I called it the other Special Sandwich, here is the original one.

3 comments:

Mari said...

We used to put Thousand Island on our burgers - I was told that's essentially what the "special sauce" on a Big Mac was. I'll have to try it again.
So - what you have there is a deluxe burger with "special sauce". (But you can call it what you want!)

Betsy Brock said...

That looks delish!

But I must say, Kayren...it's the burger patty and bun that make it a burger. No matter how you dress it, it's still a burger. But you can call it whatever you like. LOL!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

You know that's really a homemade Big Mac~it has the special sauce:)))

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma