Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cheesy Potato Casserole

This is a great dish for potlucks and cookouts, very easy prep, just start it early to allow for the cooking time. It's definitely worth it!

Cheesy Potato Casserole
from my friend, Monica

1 pkg of frozen, cubed Ore-Ida hash browns
2 cans cream of potato soup
1-16 oz container of sour cream (I used light)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Mix it all together, throw it in a 9x13 pan, top with about half a stick of butter cut up and scattered across the top, and cook at 325 degrees for 2 hours (covered with foil for the first hour; uncovered for the second hour).

No one touched the store brand potato salad. It was in a regular bowl so no one knew. I just saw Lori put it in there. These potatoes are just that good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious and so cheesy! It will be the perfect side item. Come check out our new recipe today! blog.foodonthetable.com

Rochelle said...

This is great, thanks!! I am always looking for good, quick, easy casseroles. This one looks super yummy! :)

Mari said...

I make one that's almost identical. It's so good! Did you know you can do it in the crockpot? I use it frequently for this.

Niki said...

Hmm. I might have to try this sometime.

Anonymous said...

Potato Casserole used to be a way for my mom to use up some of her leftovers besides making soup.

And she used to make the best "fried" mashed potatoes.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmm...
I make a similar one. It uses cream of chicken soup, diced onions and cornflakes on top. SO good!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma