Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slow Cooker Meatballs

This is the recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs that I got from Mama Bear right before New Year's Eve. I've used it a couple of times. I like it because it's so easy. I'm going to write it the way I use it, which is for a large group. If you buy a smaller bag of frozen meatballs, just use one can and one jar.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs
from Mama Bear

1 bag of frozen meatballs (the kind with 100-120)
2 cans jellied cranberry sauce
2 jars chili sauce.

Stir the sauces together in your slow cooker. Stir in your frozen meatballs. Heat on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. I have found that stirring with a heat-resistant spatula keeps from breaking the meatballs.

Last night we had small group at our house. I had an extra bag of meatballs in the freezer, an extra large one. I decided I wanted to do something different than the Sweet and Sour Meatballs I had done a few months ago. I'll just call them Swedish Meatballs. I know I've done mini-meatloaves kind of like this.

Swedish Meatballs
an experiment that worked!

1 bag of frozen meatballs (the kind with 100-120)
1 large can cream of mushroom soup (50 oz), the kind from Sam's Club
2/3 cup water

Stir soup, water, and frozen meatballs together in your slow cooker. Cook on high 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. I added the water after mine had been cooking for an hour or two, but I think it would be fine to just add it in at the beginning.

These were a huge hit.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Mmm...I'm suddenly hungry for either one of those recipes! I haven't bought frozen ready made meatballs in ages! I think that will go on my next Sams list. :)

Mari said...

I've made the sweet and sour recipe and it's great. The Swedish ones look marvelous too!

Love Bears All Things said...

This looks like another great way to do the meatballs...served over noodles would be great. I'm glad you like the Sweet N Sour ones..I used to make the meatballs from scratch but this way is so much easier and you can do them a couple of hours before serving.
Mama Bear

Rochelle said...

Nice! New meatball recipes are always good! :)

Hey I posted a review of "What If?" on my blog in case you were still curious about it....

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma