Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee

1/2 cup instant coffee granules
1 cup cocoa
1 cup dry milk
1 cup dry creamer
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until fine. Keep in a jar in a cool, dry place.

To make iced coffee place the following in a blender:

1/2 cup mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup ice

Blend until ice is crushed and is a smooth consistency.

I don't drink iced coffee from any of the chains, so I don't really know what they normally taste like. This ends up being just a little bit slushy but sips through a straw nicely.

I also altered the mix and used half regular creamer and half French vanilla creamer. I probably could have reduced the sugar, but since I forgot to add it until after I'd already made my iced coffee and then had to figure out how much to add in, I'm not sure I did it quite right. I think the next time I do it that way I'll do 1/2 cup sugar when I'm adding in the French vanilla creamer since it's a little sweet on it's own.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't like to drink coffee in the summer, but Iced Coffee sound AWESOME!!! and REFRESHING!!! with that boost of caffeine I need to get going.
Geri

Kayren said...

Oops, I was deleting one of those annoying spam comments and accidentally deleted Geri's from Heart 'n Soul Cooking:

I don't like to drink coffee in the summer, but Iced Coffee sound AWESOME!!! and REFRESHING!!! with that boost of caffeine I need to get going.
Geri

Sorry, Geri!

Betsy Brock said...

This is interesting....I've never tried it like this. I just pour my morning coffee (after I'm warm and want something cold to drink) in a glass, half way...add ice, milk and a flavored coffee syrup.

Yours would make a great gift!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma