Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Angelic Fruit Dessert

I bookmarked a recipe from my friend Mari a while back. I thought it would be a good one to try for our monthly small group. She puts hers in trifle bowls, but for small group I prepared it in a 9x13 pan.

Angelic Fruit Dessert
from Mari

1 Angel Food Cake, cut up into cubes
2 small boxes of vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 small (8 oz) Cool Whip
Berries of choice

Put the Angel Food Cake cubes into the bottom of your 9x13 pan (or trifle bowls).

Prepare pudding with the 3 cups of milk. Fold in the 8 oz Cool Whip. Evenly distribute over the Angel Food Cake.

Top with sliced berries. The first time I used blueberries and strawberries. This time I added nectarines to half of it.




The first time I made it I had two boxes of French Vanilla pudding in my pantry and decided to use those instead of buying more. It worked. This time I only had a large box of pudding, so I made it with 2 1/2 cups of milk and it worked that way too.

I would have put nectarines on the entire dessert but I couldn't remember if they turned brown after they were exposed to the air. I figured I'd just cut up another one when we got ready to eat the rest.

This is a fantastic summer dessert that requires no cooking, unless you bake your own Angel Food Cake. Me, I'm lazy and buy one at the store.

This post is linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you liked it. It's one of our favorites too. I'll have to try the nectarines next time!

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! This looks wonderful, Mari...and Kayren! ;)

Funny thing...the little picture on my sidebar made the fruit look like jelly beans. ha.

Joanna Jenkins said...

No cooking required! That's my kind of recipe.
Thanks,
jj

collin said...

I love desserts. It also looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

Take the Dessert Personality Test and find out your personality on the basis of your favorite dessert. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

Bugaboo said...

This looks tasty and refreshing. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So fresh and summery! I think this would be beautiful in a trifle bowl in layers.

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma