Thursday, February 5, 2009

Banana Pudding

This dish is one of our holiday favorites. We have it every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is really very rare that I make it any other time of the year. But one of the ingredients, the large box of instant vanilla pudding, is always in scarce supply at the commissary or grocery store whenever we go to buy it at that time of the year. Usually we can't find it at the commissary, or we buy the last box or something weird like that. This year both before Thanksgiving and before Christmas, there was not a single box of large instant vanilla pudding to be found at the commissary. And two small boxes do not equal one large box. I mean, that would just make too much sense. And I can't use the sugar free because of Hubby's gout. So when I sent him to the grocery store on the way home from work in December to see if he could find any, he came home with a whole slew. So we're having Banana Pudding in February!

Banana Pudding
from a former co-worker, Marilyn

1 large instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
3 large bananas, sliced
Vanilla Wafers

Beat pudding and milk for 3 minutes.
Fold in Eagle Brand milk and Cool Whip. Notice that I used the lower fat Eagle Brand and the Cool Whip Lite.
Add bananas.
Garnish with Vanilla Wafers. I do just throw them in the bottom, but I do make sure they are all facing the same way.
It's very yummy, and doesn't last long. And yes, I've noticed that the last two recipes are sweets. Should I tell you we eat this for breakfast, too? No, I'll just keep it to myself.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Oh my - that looks so good, and so not good for my diet!

Betsy Brock said...

I haven't had this in years! I do remember it being really yummy!

Rochelle said...

You're so great! Hope you don't mind, I featured you today. :)

http://rochelle-learning-to-trust.blogspot.com/2009/02/fabulous-friday.html

Anonymous said...

Wow that pudding looks delicious!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma