Friday, March 26, 2010

Special Sandwiches

You start with your leftover meat from your Roast.

I slice it up really thin. Sometimes it stays in slices, and sometimes it crumbles. I think it depends on what cut of meat I purchased.

This time it crumbled, and I heat it in a skillet with a little bit of the leftover juice from cooking the roast.

While that is heating up, I butter up my hoagie rolls and toast them on my griddle.

I put meat and a slice of provolone cheese on each hoagie roll. They've graduated to a cookie sheet.

I pop them into the oven to broil on high (my oven has settings for the broil) for about two minutes, until the cheese is melted.

While all this was going on I heated up the rest of the juice from cooking the roast. Serve a little to each person who wants to dip their sandwich.

Every person in my family loves this Special Sandwich. That says something considering there are some picky eaters!

1 comment:

Mari said...

These look so yummy! I may try this this week, if I have enough left over from the roast I'm making. Thanks!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma