Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Strange Names You Hear Around Our House

I've been a bird-brain lately, pun intended.

Just check here and here if you're not convinced.

So I thought I'd share the names my kids and I have for some birds, because we're weird that way.


  1. Chip - Chickadee
  2. Nutty - Nuthatch
  3. Tim - Tufted Titmouse
  4. Woody - Red-bellied Woodpecker
  5. Woodette - Female Red-bellied Woodpecker
  6. Mac - Cardinal
  7. Robby - Robin
  8. Donna - as in prima donna, for the juvenille female Oriole that would just as soon let others feed her from our oranges than to eat for herself
  9. Phil - for the Pileated Woodpecker in our backyard in Virginia
  10. Phyllis - for the female Pileated Woodpecker in our backyard in Virginia
  11. Gus - Male Goldfinch
  12. Goldilocks - Female Goldfinch

4 comments:

Mari said...

Funny! We have crazy names here too, but they are for the people and the cat in the house.

Kathy said...

Just read the story about Heather and come to say you and your hubby are truly angels, god bless you

The Frosted Gardner said...

I too just read the story about your husband and your family. What a generous gift. I am so touched by your generosity and hope that all goes well for both families. Much luck and love.

Melanie @ The Frosted Gardner

The Stylish House said...

Such clever and cute names! I have always called my daughter “my little chickadee”.

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma