Monday, January 11, 2010

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

I decided I should put an individual link in for the Taco Seasoning Mix since I link up to it so much. The great thing about it is that it has no MSG, and the Old El Paso packages I was using had MSG and I didn't realize it before. Here's the recipe that equals one commercial packet:

Taco Seasoning Mix
equals 1 commercial packet
unknown origin

1 T chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano powder
1/2 tsp salt

I use this recipe when I make tacos and for all recipes that call for taco seasoning mix. Many of these spices you can even find in organic versions if you want.

3 comments:

Mari said...

No MSG and handy to mix up for those of us who forget to get it at times. It's a winner!

Karen said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I've been wanting to stop buy those little packets and this will do the trick. :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I have a recipe for taco seasoning mix, too, it's way better than the pkg. kind!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma