Thursday, October 16, 2008

My 100th Post

This was certainly an interesting list to compile, especially for someone who digresses from topic to topic as easily as I do. It's just too bad you can't tell how I jumped ship and got from one thing to another when the list seems to change course so suddenly. You know, sometimes Hubby will look at me when we're talking and I can tell by this look of fascination that he's wondering how I got from one subject to the next. It's usually something like, "I heard that song, which made me think of the 80's, which made me wonder if so-and-so is the same age as us, which made me think of how you have more gray hair than me, which made me think that the boys need a haircut, which made me think of appointments, which made me remember that I had one at the doctor tomorrow and since I'm living in this apartment and don't have my nice big calendar on my fridge I might not have remembered about it if I hadn't heard that song." You get the picture.

100 Things About Me

  1. I was born in Arkansas.

  2. I moved to Gretna, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans, right around when I turned three, and I lived there when Hurricane Camille hit.

  3. Other than about a year and a half in Louisiana, I lived the first 18 years of my life in Arkansas in the same town where I was born and graduated from high school.

  4. Hubby and I were in the same first grade class.

  5. We started dating in the 9th grade.

  6. I became a Christian in the 2nd grade.

  7. My grandfather made sure I understood and prayed with me.

  8. I had knee surgery when I was 13 years old.

  9. I chipped the bone playing basketball.

  10. It took the doctor about a month to figure out what was wrong, because the bone would flip in and out of place. Of course during x-rays it was always in place.

  11. And of course during surgery the bone chip was in place too. That meant they couldn't do the brand new arthroscopic surgery.

  12. I had special stitches so that I wouldn't have any scarring.

  13. I now have two 2-inch scars on each side of my left knee.

  14. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18 years old.

  15. I didn't care about driving because I'd been in a fender bender in the church parking lot when I wasn't supposed to be behind the wheel of the car.

  16. I didn't even have a permit.

  17. The car I happened to hit was my uncle's.

  18. I went to college at Ouachita Baptist University for three years.

  19. I graduated "across the ravine" at Henderson State University after attending my senior year there, preferring their accounting program.

  20. I graduated summa cum laude from HSU.

  21. I had a 4.0 gpa.

  22. I didn't just like getting A's, I always wanted to get the highest A.

  23. Did I mention I have a Type A personality?

  24. Pun intended.

  25. I took the CPA exam the same week I finished my finals.

  26. I passed the CPA exam the first time I took it.

  27. I got the third highest score in the state.

  28. Hubby and I got married between our freshman and sophomore years of college.

  29. Our first apartment had two rooms, not counting the bathroom or closet.

  30. Hubby and I were both number 22 in basketball before we started dating.

  31. It became our number.

  32. We got married on the 22nd of June. It fell on a Saturday that year. How convenient.

  33. We were pronounced man and wife at 2:22 p.m. My aunt checked her watch.

  34. We have homeschooled all our children since kindergarten.

  35. This is our 10th year of homeschooling.

  36. Yes, we plan to homeschool until they graduate from high school.

  37. I had my tonsils out when I was 25 years old.

  38. I made Hubby learn the sign language alphabet the night before so I could still talk to him.

  39. You shouldn't drink Sprite, or any other carbonated beverage, after you've had your tonsils out.

  40. If you do, be sure you're standing in front of your kitchen sink so when it hits the back of your throat and you think you just drank acid, the spray flying out of your mouth has somewhere to go.

  41. I had hamsters when I was growing up.

  42. My favorite hamster was Blackie because he was, well, blackish, and different.

  43. I had a hamster named Jaclyn after Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels.

  44. When I was growing up I read every Nancy Drew book.

  45. I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I grew up.

  46. I still want to be Nancy Drew when I grow up.

  47. Or Jessie from the Boxcar Children.

  48. I love peanut butter.

  49. There's nothing better than the first scoop of peanut butter on a spoon out of a new jar.

  50. I love peanut butter cookies.

  51. My grandma used to send me peanut butter cookies my freshman year in college.

  52. I don't like my foods to touch.

  53. If my foods touch, I will leave the parts that touch and not eat them.

  54. I eat one thing at a time.

  55. I usually start with the bread, then the veggies, then the meat. If there is salad, it's first and doesn't qualify as the veggie.

  56. I have a tendency to leave one bite on my plate, or leave one bite of a burger or sandwich.

  57. I have absolutely no idea what that says about me.

  58. I love coffee.

  59. I use creamer.

  60. The real stuff.

  61. No sugar.

  62. I used to love drinking coffee at my grandpa and grandma's house when I was growing up.

  63. I love Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha.

  64. I like raisins in Raisin Bran.

  65. I don't like raisins in anything else.

  66. That would qualify as food in my food.

  67. I don't like nuts in my cookies or brownies.

  68. That would qualify as food in my food.

  69. I make really good chocolate chip cookies.

  70. Without nuts, of course.

  71. I used to have enough clothes to fill three standard closets.

  72. Now I couldn't even fill one.

  73. Hubby has more clothes than I do.

  74. We used to have two Persian cats before we had children — Cherokee and Theodore.

  75. We have one now whose name is Peka.

  76. I've had three miscarriages.

  77. I've had two c-sections.

  78. My mom is a breast cancer survivor.

  79. My great-grandmother died the day the Challenger crashed. It was during my sophomore year of college and I'd been married just over seven months.

  80. I am related to Santa.

  81. I have waterskiied.

  82. I have never snowskiied.

  83. Blue is my favorite color.

  84. I had a powder blue and white bedroom when I was a teenager.

  85. I love chocolate.

  86. Milk chocolate is my favorite.

  87. I enjoy scrapbooking.

  88. I am completing books for all the children.

  89. Plus family albums.

  90. Without dragging things out of boxes to count, I've completed roughly 30 or so 12x12 albums.

  91. I have all my kids' books from birth through 2002.

  92. My family book is finished through Mother's Day of 2002.

  93. I'm way behind.

  94. I love to cross-stitch.

  95. If I use aida or another even weave, I don't use a hoop. I just hold the fabric in my hand, no matter how big it is.

  96. If I work on linen I have a wooden rack that sits over my lap. It has two bars to stretch the fabric taut.

  97. I don't like hoops at all.

  98. I sat at the talking table in kindergarten.

  99. I love Matlock.

  100. I love to read.

I know some people have trouble with these, but my mind just went from here to there and all over the place and I could have kept going. Silly, isn't it? That's why I need to have the tv on when I go to sleep — otherwise my mind thinks too much and I can't. It drives Hubby crazy. Good thing he loves me.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about the craziness that makes me tick...thanks for reading it!

16 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, this was so fun! I feel like I know you so well now! :) My Spencer loves peanut butter that much, too and will eat it straight from the jar! :)

Heather and Reese said...

Okay, I'm at work, and you know, supposed to be working, but had to check out your blog today! I love the post..but I had to stop halfway through and comment...I also leave one bite of my burger or sandwich! How strange is that??!! I thought I was the only one to do that and could never figure out why I do that!

I'm glad I'm not alone ;)

Heather

Lora @ my blessed life said...

This was a great list!! It made me smile many times:)

I don't like nuts in my food either. I pretty much only like honey roasted peanuts, by themselves.

We have the same fave Starbucks drink.

And I noticed you like Matlock, do you by any chance like Perry Mason, too? I love him! I just found out recently that you can watch tons of episodes on nbc.com.

Kayren said...

Lora, not only do I like Perry Mason, but also Murder, She Wrote. My Hubby is not going to be too happy that you told me about that! :) He can't believe how many times I can watch the same Matlock reruns over and over and over.

Kayren said...

Heather, that is funny. I've never seen anyone else do it but me. It is a very strange habit, isn't it? It just makes us that much more special!

Kayren said...

Lora, I was so totally serious about watching it that I already checked it out and couldn't find it. So I did an internet search and it's on cbs.com, just in case anybody else is reading this and happens to be as insanely addicted to those old shows as me. Now to get the kids doing something productive without me, that's another story....

Mari said...

That was fun. I love you even more now that I know all those things about you! (Although the 4.0 makes me jealous.) You are crazy!

Heather and Reese said...

LOL! Great list.

I've had 3 miscarriages too.

I used to cross stitch, but only because my neighbor got me into it. It's not really my "thing" but I still have all my supplies. Is there an expiration date on such things? It's been over 10 years...

I want to be Sydney Bristow, without the torture. She's kind of like Nancy Drew.

The one-bite thing is odd. I've never understood it. Sometimes Heather orders a meal and eats about half of it between pushing it around on her plate. Then she leaves the rest. If I pay for food, I either eat it or take it home for later. I'd like to know, in pounds, how much food Heather has paid for in restaurants and left behind! LOL!

Cheers!

MomsTheWord said...

I'm coming up on my 100th post too, I've been thinking of doing the same kind of list. I was surprised we had some things in common...Peanut Butter and reading and the 4.0 thing. Who knew?

Bobbi said...

I love the randomness of your list! The scary thing...I could totally keep up with your thoughts...hahahaha! Do you like those "Murder she wrote" PBS specials? I got my husband into them...but he doesn't like Matlock..go figure.

SmilingSally said...

Since Blue is your favorite color, why not join in Blue Monday? Come see. smilingsally.blogspot.com

Ronnica said...

I'm totally Type A, too!

I've always been fond of Violet of the Boxcar Children.

Oh, and you HAVE to eat one thing on a time on a plate. I don't care that it's all "going to the same place." It's just the way it should be done!

AUTISMOMMA said...

I have always loved the number "2." I don't know why - I just have. Both my children were born on the 22nd of the months they were born in, one of them on your wedding anniversary!

Cindy said...

What a cool idea to do! I wonder if I could come up with 100 things about me that wouldn't bore everyone.
cindy

ingrid said...

I love to read your blog.Thank you for sharing this.Love from the netherlands
Ingrid

ingrid said...

I love to read your blog.Thank you for sharing this.Love from the netherlands
Ingrid

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma