Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baked Beans

These are super easy if you use the pre-packaged bacon crumbles (I like the huge bag found at Sam's Club) as opposed to cooking your own and then crumbling it, but I've done both.

Baked Beans
from my mom

1 large can pork and beans, drain the juice off the top (the can that's about 8-9 inches tall, around the size of a big can of pineapple juice — can you tell I've never paid attention to how big it is)
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large spoons of mustard
1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled, or 1 to 1 1/2 cups of bacon crumbles

Stir everything together and put in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and hot in the middle.

This picture is of my extra-deep 9x13 pan with a double batch.

4 comments:

Mari said...

I make mine the same way! Yummy!

Love Bears All Things said...

That recipe is so similar to ours. I sometimes add some dark syrup if I don't have brown sugar. THanks for the tip about buying bacon crumbles at SAMS. We use them in so many things: Grits, salad, baked potato, soup.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Great for a picnic! Looks delicious.

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! Very similar to mine except I add a glug or two of worchestershire and some onion powder...minus the bacon. I'm going to try the bag of bacon!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma