Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Caramel Brownies

I'm working on my recipes and there are so many that I've forgotten about. Tonight was small group at our house so I made these for our snack.

Caramel Brownies

1 pkg German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
6 oz chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
50 caramels

Combine dry cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Spread 1/2 of the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 6 minutes at 350 degrees.

Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over cake. (You know I didn't put those nuts on.) Melt caramel and 1/3 cup evaporated milk and drizzle over nuts and chips. Add remaining cake mixture and spread gently with a spatula. (Mine ended up kind of mushy with the caramel layer since the cake mixture is thicker. I couldn't figure out how to spread it without mushing them together.) Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. It won't look like regular brownies. It's going to be kind of gooey looking.

Cool before cutting.

Very yummy!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I have that recipe too and I haven't made it for awhile. Thanks for the reminder - it's always good!

It's me said...

O no !!! not now !!! just come home from our shop......o no....i am hungry....don't do that !! ...hahahahah!! lovely evening....love Ria....

Love Bears All Things said...

Yum!
Mama Bear

Betsy Brock said...

yum.. i love chocolate and carmel together.

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma