Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Cookie Monster

Our favorite special occasion dessert.

Hubby and I had something like this at a restaurant when the girls were in the hospital following their premature birth. It's something I've never forgotten, and we've never lived that close to one of the restaurants.

You start out with a skillet cookie. It's an individual one in the restaurant, but at home, you use the prepared cookie dough in the long tubular package.

I used the smaller package of chocolate chip cookie dough in an oven-proof 10-inch skillet. If I use my family-size skillet I use the larger package.

I bake it at 350 degrees until it's done. I usually start at about 12-15 minutes and keep checking it. You want to get it before it looks like it's done. The edges will be browning, but the middle will be good and gooey. That's where it would be easier to have individual skillet cookies...they are a little hard to serve up neatly.

Cool for just a moment to let it set so it comes out a little neater, top with vanilla ice cream (I prefer enough for each bite), hot fudge, and whipped cream. Redi-whip is the best.

Gorge yourself.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Yum!

Lisa said...

Holy Smokes, that looks yummy!!

Btw, I left you a question on the sour dough bread post (sorry for misspelling your name - I spazzed)

Betsy Brock said...

Yum...you know, I could probably eat that for breakfast...no problem! ha!

Morgan said...

mmmmm, that looks delicious! I had a cookie monster dessert a couple days ago at a restaurant. It had crushed up Oreos on top. So yummy! I will have to try making it at home someday. Thanks for sharing!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

This reminds me of the one they serve at Cheddar's~so yummy!

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, yummy!
Mama Bear

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma