Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dump Cake

One of the easiest and yummiest desserts I know how to make.

Probably one of the more fattening too. But the yummy ones usually are. That's why they are for when guests come over. Most of them get eaten up. Tonight it was small group at our house.


Dump Cake

2 cans of pie filling (3 if you love lots of fruit)
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 to 1 1/2 sticks of butter
optional nuts

Take your pie filling and dump it in a 9x13 pan. I used 3 cans of peach pie filling, because you never have enough peaches with 2 cans.

Take your cake mix and crumble it all over the top. Slice up the butter and lay it across the top. It usually takes me more than a stick, but if you're a really good, thin slicer, you may be able to get away with one stick. It's easier to cut when it's really cold too.

Add your optional nuts at this point. We were having company and I didn't know if they'd like nuts. This is actually one dessert I like nuts with. I think it's almost the only dessert I like nuts with. Slivered almonds are good with peach.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. I start checking it at 30 minutes and keep adding 5 minutes until its done. You'll be able to tell by the top.

I also made cherry in my big round bowl. I used 2 cans of cherry pie filling and added one can of crushed pineapple. Mix them well before dumping them into the bowl and adding your dry cake mix and butter to the top. Chopped pecans are good on top of the cherry.

Blueberry is yummy too, especially for a brunch. Slivered almonds are good with it.

5 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

I love this cake. You can't mess it up!

Mari said...

This is one of Bob's favorites. I actually have a gadget that I can put a stick of butter in, and when you turn the handle, a thin strip comes out. 1 stick is perfect for this cake!

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, and vanilla ice cream is so good on top.
Mama Bear

Kayren said...

Oh, Mama Bear, that's exactly what we did! Lots and lots of vanilla ice cream was had by all last night. The cake was still a little warm too.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmm...we love this cake, too! I just don't like the name..lol We should come up with a new name:) I usually make mine with peaches & pineapple~so yummy!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma