Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pork Chops in the Crock Pot

My mom has made this when we have visited in Arkansas. She's even told me how to make it, but I haven't, even though it's pretty simple. I just needed the visual. Now I have it!


Pork Chops in the Crock Pot
from my mom

Pork Chops or Boneless Pork Chops (cut from the pork loin)
Cream of Mushroom soup (size dependent on number of pork chops)
Milk (1/2 soup can for whatever can size you use)
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Eggs

Beat eggs (probably a couple for most people) in a one bowl. Put flour in a second bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a third bowl mix the cream of mushroom soup with half a soup can of milk; set aside.

Dip pork chops in egg mixture and then dip in flour mixture, turning to coat well, one at a time. Then place the pork chops in a pan filled with a little bit of heated vegetable oil. Cook about three to four minutes per side, just until browned. Remove pork chops to the crock pot.

Turn the heat off on the burner. If you have an electric stove you will need to remove your pan from the heat as well. If you have a lot of oil left in your pan use a spoon to remove as much of it as possible. Take your soup/milk mixture and add it to the pan, stirring as you do. It will splatter a little at first. Stir until you get all the pan drippings mixed in well, then pour directly on top of the pork chops in the crock pot.

Take a spatula and go around the sides of your crock pot, lifting the pork chops slightly to let the gravy mixture down to the bottom of the dish. Cook on high for about 5-6 hours, until the pork chops are done. They will probably be falling apart they are so tender.


Well, there are six of us and we have two visitors, we accidentally bought a larger pack of boneless pork loin chops than we thought it was, and so we had 21. My mom says they are very good as leftovers. I sure hope so! I also used the very large can of soup from Sam's Club that is 50 oz. and two pans to cook the pork chops.

Dip pork chops in egg mixture and then dip in flour mixture, turning to coat well, one at a time.


Then place the pork chops in a pan filled with a little bit of heated vegetable oil. Cook about three to four minutes per side, just until browned.



Remove pork chops to the crock pot.

Turn the heat off on the burner. If you have an electric stove you will need to remove your pan from the heat as well. If you have a lot of oil left in your pan use a spoon to remove as much of it as possible. Take your soup/milk mixture and add it to the pan, stirring as you do. It will splatter a little at first. Stir until you get all the pan drippings mixed in well, then pour directly on top of the pork chops in the crock pot.


Here it is after cooking a little while.

And here it is right before we served it. We drained the oil off the top with a spoon first.

Here's one of the dinner plates...not mine or nothing would have been touching the gravy.

In Caboose's words, "It doesn't look good, but it sure does taste good."

This post is linked to Slow Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


11 comments:

Mari said...

Oh yummy! My Mom used to make pork chops that were similar in the stove. I'll be trying this!

Michele said...

oh that looks very very good

Anonymous said...

mmmm

I've never seen a stove like that!

interesting dish...

reminds me of something my Mom would make.

Renee said...

This sounds and looks really, really good. I can't wait to make this. Thanks for sharing.

Kayren said...

Demara ~ maybe you see the foil I used to cover up the other two burner areas? My gas stove has the cast iron type grates on top, so everything splashes through and makes it messy underneath so I'm constantly cleaning it. Grease splatters are the worst, so when I know I'm going to have them I cover the areas I can to reduce it as much as possible.

Betsy Brock said...

Nothing would have been touching your gravy! tee-hee!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

That sounds really good, Kayren! I love pork chops--Vince, not so much:( I'm going to hang onto this recipe just in case though--maybe for when he's gone again. ha! And you did a great job photographing the process!

Controlling My Chaos said...

That looks yummy. I need more Crock Pot recipes, so I'll have to try this. Do you know if you could brown the chops the night before and assemble everything and then do the crock pot thing in the a.m.?

Erin said...

I'm trying this tonight. . . as thanks to hubby's shopping trip last week, I've got all the ingredients. . . Sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! YUM!!! I bet these come out so TENDER!!!
I have become a follower of your blog, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
THANKS!!! Geri

Unknown said...

Goodness gracious, smothered pork chops. And how smart of you to cook in the crock pot. Great idea, I know how delicious they are.
HappY Twirls

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma