Friday, January 8, 2010

Flippin' Frittata

Tonight we had the Bacon and Tomato Frittata from my new Betty Crocker Quick & Easy Cookbook.

Except that it ended up being a Bacon Frittata. And I doubled the recipe to have enough for the six of us.

But, don't faint, I did include the onions.

My recipe calls for 8 eggs instead of using the egg in a carton like the link above (which means I used 16 eggs).

I kept lifting it to let the uncooked egg run to the bottom, but it just wasn't quite cutting it. So I did something the recipe didn't call for. I got out my huge pancake flipper and my egg flipper, and I flipped the frittata.


I used the pre-cooked bacon strips and just cut them up. I did put the cheese on before the bacon which was a good choice. The cheese was nice and melted and the bacon was crisp. I still only broiled it for 4 minutes since I'd used a big family-size pan so the thickness was comparable.

Not so pretty but it was yummy!

The eggs kind of fluffed up when it broiled. It tasted like a breakfast casserole I make without the potatoes. Everyone liked it a lot and cleaned their plates. There were no leftovers.

Definitely a keeper.

7 comments:

Mari said...

Looks good! My hubby would be happy with the bacon!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmm...looks yummy! I love egg dishes, such as quiche. I should make one soon...thanks for the reminder:)

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! And it got pretty when you sprinkled on the bacon! :) It's 11pm and now I'm hungry..ha.

Anonymous said...

that bacon looks real yummy! I haven't had supper yet :) now I'm drooling.

secondofwett said...

Well...it ended up looking pretty good and I bet it did taste yummy..wow..16 eggs though...that's a lot of eggs...there goes my colesterol count! :0)

the.bain.family. said...

I've never attempted to make something like that. Looks tasty though!

Unknown said...

Yum! Looks fairly easy...love that. Did you have any leftovers?
You have a lovely family by the way!
Blessings,
LydiaCate

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma