Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meet The Kids: Part 4

I started the Meet the Kids series because I seemed to be posting a lot about Caboose. Then I realized I should actually do one on each of the kids that at least started in a similar fashion so you could compare apples to apples, as much as kids can be compared to each other.

Then I go and wait ridiculous amounts of time between each one. It's been about a year and a half since the last one. Caboose has asked occasionally when I'm going to do a post about him.

Caboose runs a close second to the child with the most nicknames. Why, I have no idea. He just seems to be nickname fodder. They come out of our mouths and stick. Caboose is only used on the blog.

Caboose doesn't care to have his picture made. He struggles with smiling naturally. We've worked on a secret code that helps him give a real smile. It's two words, but unless you're around us when we take a picture and happen to hear one of us whisper it, you'll just have to be in the dark. It's nothing life-altering, just silly. Except to him.

What would you like for people to know about you?

Hi! I like to play the wii. I like to play.

Do you think you're the best player on the wii?

It depends on what game. I can always beat Chatty. Sometimes I lose to you and Dad on Mario Kart.

I still think he goes easy on us, even though he won't admit it.

What do you like to play?

Legos and Imaginext.

What do you like to watch on tv?

Star Wars. It's on tv sometimes. I don't really know anything else.

He's now obsessed with Star Wars since we've watched them in the last couple of months.

What did you watch on tv when you were younger?

Thomas the Tank Engine, Barney, Arthur, Franklin, Dora, Blues Clues.

I just remembered while I was typing that list that when he was about 18 months old, he used to say, "Oh, man!" all the time like Swiper in Dora. There was another boy at church who was a late talker, and then his mom told us one Sunday that he started talking and was saying, "Oh, man!"

What do you think about having older twin sisters?

Annoying.

Both of them?

One of them.

She shall remain unnamed on the blog!

What do you think about having an older brother?

Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's not because he gets into my business.

Do you think you'll be taller than Sparky soon?

Yes. But I don't like being tall because then I have to make my own food.

He likes for people to wait on him hand and foot. He likes people to get his cereal for him, or his milk, and he has to get the stepstool to reach the bowls or cups. As he gets taller, he doesn't have the excuse. This boy is a bona fide stinker.

Do you think you are funny?

Sometimes.

Do you think the other guys think you're funny?

Probably not. They don't laugh.

He doesn't realize we're doing every thing we can not to roll on the floor laughing.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Cheesecake Factory Worker. Either that or maybe a mailman. I'd get bored of being a mailman though.

Remember he's living at home forever. I don't know what his wife and four kids are doing. Oh, and I suppose if he's having his own kids, the nameless annoying sister won't have to have kids to keep him in his old age. (That story where the nameless annoying sister is not nameless can be found in the last half of this post.)

Why are you so afraid of needles?

They're scary and they hurt. I don't like tacks either. I can't watch anybody get shots.

What happens when you see a needle on tv?

I get queasy.

So I guess you won't be a doctor or nurse?

No, because it's creepy.

What do you like most about Michigan?

It's cold and I have a lot of friends.

What do you like least about Michigan?

Nothing.

You might also be interested in these posts:

Buddy — Meet The Kids: Part 1
Chatty — Meet The Kids: Part 2
Sparky — Meet The Kids: Part 3 and Meet The Kids: Part 3a

4 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Caboose! It was fun reading about you. I think the nickname thing may be a youngest child syndrome. Our Andy gets labeled with all sorts of names too.

It's me said...

O Karyen...you have 4 beautiful kids........and those kids have two beautiful parents...........love Ria.....

The Stylish House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stylish House said...

Hi Caboose,
It's been fun getting to know you through your mom's blog. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of your family soon.
Cathy

P.S. sometimes I have to delete my comment due to typos!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma