Thursday, October 23, 2008

Meet The Kids: Part 1

In light of the recent posts that have seemed to focus on Caboose and his hilarity, which happens on a fairly frequent basis in our family, I thought it was only fair to try and introduce the personalities of the other three children. I decided to interview them individually and post them on separate days. I don't have set questions, although I will start with the same first one; from there I'm just going to roll with the punches. I started with Buddy, who is 12 years old, the only other boy in the family, and just over three years older than Caboose.


What would you like for people to know about you?

I love baseball. I love the St. Louis Cardinals. I'm a catcher.

Is there anything unrelated to baseball you would like for people to know about you?

I like math. I hate language.

Remember that we try not to use the word hate in our house, please. So why do you always tell me you despise school so much if you like math?

Because I'd rather do so much more stuff.

Like what?

Play catch outside, or watch Sportscenter on TV.

You'd think this boy's life revolved around sports or baseball or something.

So who is your favorite baseball player and why?

Albert Pujols because he is a good guy and a good player.

So what do you think of your brother garnering so much recent attention on the blog?

What does that mean?

Getting.

It's gettin' boring.

Do you think your brother is funny?

Sometimes.

Do you think you are funnier than him?

Not usually.

What do you think about having two older sisters?

It's fun sometimes, sometimes not. They team up against you.

What would you like to be when you grow up?

I would like to be a baseball player, but I know I'm not, so I don't know.

When do you think you might decide?

I don't know.

Do you think you'll get married when you grow up?

No way.

Why not?

It's disgusting.

What's so disgusting about it? You wouldn't be here without it.

It's just absolutely disgusting.


What do you think about being interviewed?

It's weird.

What do you like most about Michigan?

Every one is real friendly.

What do you like least about Michigan?

My best friend isn't here.

Do you have any closing thoughts you'd like to leave with the readers?

I don't like soccer. I like to read books. The Boston Red Sox are my second favorite baseball team. And that's all.

Well, as you can tell, this boy is all about his sports. If you didn't know it before, you certainly do now. My final non-sports related thought: he's my cutest brown-eyed child. Of course, he is my only brown-eyed child.


8 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

I love the interviewing the kids idea! Very smart :) He sure loves his sports doesn't he? LOL!

That's okay, if I were to interview Mark, it would be all about video games.

Have a great day. Heather

Mari said...

What a fun idea. I enjoyed getting to know Buddy although he is somewhat confused. Language is way better than Math! Buddy has beautiful eyes!

Betsy Brock said...

He is so cute! (tell him I said so and see if he rolls his eyes or turns red!) And he sounds like a typical 12 year old guy! This was fun! Remember to remind him in about 10 years what he thought of marriage!

I tried quite a few times to comment here this afternoon and blogger was giving me fits!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

What a cutie! And what a fun interview. Looking forward to more!

MomsTheWord said...

That was a funny look into his 12 year old mind. Thanks! I'll make sure the cousins read it.

Demara said...

Hey this interview was great! Now he'll be all prepared for when he has a career in Baseball and gets interviewed then!!!

Heather and Reese said...

What an awesome idea! I'm totally going to steal it...

Thankfully they eventually decide marriage isn't disgusting. My 14 year-old told me just last week that he thinks he might know who he's going to marry! LOL! It's a sweet gal at church. She doesn't "go out with" boys because she doesn't see the point of it if she doesn't plan to marry them. He's going to wait till they're both a little older and ask her out.

I never plotted my steps to marriage at 14!

Cheers!

~Reese

Monica said...

Now there's proof why he's my favorite :o) His best friend loves baseball and math,too! Though his only his only flaw might be the Red Sox, but nobody's perfect!! Love ya anyway!!! Don't knock marriage just yet, you might be lucky enough to find someone like me when you're older!!

Lots of love,
monica

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma