Friday, January 30, 2009

How Many Days For Organizational Bliss? Read On...

Some of you thought I was really on the ball. Or gave me a lot more credit than I deserved.

Some of you thought I was slow. Or you were just realistic.

I'll go with realistic.

What threw me was my original box packing in Virginia. At some point I just put things in boxes and said, "I'll decide whether or not I'm keeping this when I unpack in Michigan." That took some extra time. My decision-making skills have dwindled each year I've aged. I'm awfully fickle, even though I am really not a pack rat. Far from it.

I also had to fight with limited floor space. Not that the room is unreasonably small, just that you can only stack books so high before they start tipping. And when short Kayren legs can't fit over a stack and those books knock another stack down and that stack knocks down another stack, it takes longer.

Plus I'm a teensy bit anal. So if something didn't look just like I thought it would I might have just possibly moved things around. And something I've learned as I've aged...I can walk away for a few minutes to get a fresh perspective and it will still be there when I go back. Amazing concept!

And my in-laws were visiting. So I had to cook meals and clean up. And sleep. Oh, and take said in-laws to Niagara Falls on the foggiest day in 2008. You know, when it warmed up from 20 to 57 and there was no chance of snow so we wouldn't get stuck in Canada. But I digress.

Okay, three days. It took me the better part of three days.

There were only a couple of you who said what your vote was, so 'fess up.

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read about the chaos-turned-bliss-organizational-fix-of-a-lifetime here.


4 comments:

Mari said...

I think I voted for 1 day, but that was before all those variables were thrown in there! I still think you are way organized!

Betsy Brock said...

I'm STILL inpressed! :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I can't remember what I voted now:) But I'm glad you got it all done anyway!!

Don't worry about me neglecting my blog for facebook...I enjoy blogging too much! FB is definitely fun though, I can see that I'm going to enjoy it, too.

Anonymous said...

You know I can't even remember how many days I said now but I think my first guess was 3 but then I think I changed it to one because if it were me I know I couldn't stand having anything on the floor for longer than that. How are you feeling now? Are you back at 100%??

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma