Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Curly Hair

It's no secret that I've always wanted Marcia Brady hair. I think I've said it more than once. My cousin even made up an unflattering nickname for me when we were growing up that was completely related to my hair. CBFH.

Every person that asks me if my curly hair is "real" also asks if I've always wanted straight hair. Usually they have straight hair and have always wanted curly hair.

I didn't let my hair "go" until I turned 40. All those years of fighting it and time spent fighting it and little did I know that my Hubby would love it this way.

He likes to squish it up on the top by my scalp. About the only time he can get away with it is when he leaves very early in the mornings and I am asleep. Sometimes I wake up when he squishes my hair. That doesn't always make me very happy.

I think he has probably even made some analogies about my hair, but nothing that has ever really stuck in my mind. Until last night.

For some reason he squished my hair when he got home. One of the kids was standing there. They probably gave him a weird look. He said, "It's like a water hose. Or a straw."

I've even squished my own hair since then trying to figure out those analogies. I can't even come close.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Too funny! I have always had straight hair and envied those of you with curly hair. We're never happy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can relate. My daughter has thick, long, straight, blond hair. What I wouldn't have given to have had that back in 1973.

Now, at 54, it gets curlier and curlier and for some reason I am at peace with it. Wet it down and go out the door.

My husband once said I was standing there with my halo (the light shining through the outer edge) I now look for my "halo" in my shadows.

Gloria

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I can so relate! I've gone between straightening and leaving curly for so many years, but just in the past 6 months I'm finally going all curly. I'm finally embracing it 100% of the time!

Of course, I still envy Marsha.

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma