Friday, February 25, 2011

Puzzle Reorganization

Tonight I tackled our puzzles.

I'm in one of those moods where I need to reorganize everything. It just doesn't seem like things are working anymore.

I think part of it is that as the kids get older and life happens, things have to be tweaked.

I also think that I'm used to moving every few years having been a military family for 20 years, and now that I've been here about two and a half years my body clock is telling me it's time to move again.

Well, we aren't moving again, so I've been getting rid of things (which you haven't seen) and I'm reorganizing things in ways that work better for us.

This is the before picture:

It wasn't bad, but I felt like it could be better. Those puzzles are two deep on that bottom shelf also. It's very deceiving how many puzzles are in there.

This is what it looked like when I was finished.

I cut the top off the box and stored it in the ziploc with the puzzle. You've probably seen the idea before. I used to do that with the girls' puzzles about 13 years ago but then when Caboose started doing puzzles most of his were the Thomas puzzles that had three to a box. Those boxes were sturdier than most so I got out of the habit.

By the way, there are almost 50 puzzles in those baskets! See how deceptive that looks. We're obviously puzzle people.

I started another organizing/reorganizing project as soon as I was finished with the puzzles. I'm on a roll!

2 comments:

Mari said...

You're doing great! You'll have to come to the other side of the state and work on mine today. :)

Love Bears All Things said...

The never made the boxes strong enough and pieces were always dropping out and getting lost. I think this is a great idea....after doing the Teapot puzzle on retreat, I bought two at Hallmark since there were none in the house. The Princess and I started one yesterday on the card table which I can leave out in the studio...it was a 350 piece one...the first think I noticed was how much thicker the pieces were than the old puzzles we used to do...and they weren't as uniform in size and shape...I can't wait to do the 1000 piece one but we better finish this one first.
Mama Bear

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma