Monday, April 6, 2009

Memory Monday — Plus Some Weather

I missed last week. Just thought I'd confess. Guilty conscience.

From memory:

Deuteronomy 6:4-5
"Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind strength."


I do that every time! I don't know when I will ever learn.

Next week I will add at least verse 6 and maybe more, eventually going through verse 9. I will type out the entire passage I have memorized each time until it's done. Hey, maybe it will be next week!

On another note, if you've been watching the NCAA tournament, and you happen to watch tonight, they might mention our weather here in the Detroit area. Here is a little glimpse from outside my van window before I went to the grocery store this morning.

We only got three inches, which was less than some areas. It was probably the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever experienced. And with it barely hovering above freezing all day, the only thing clear is the road right now.

6 comments:

Mari said...

We were supposed to get that snow too, but it missed us. Hope yours melts soon!

Betsy Brock said...

We had flakes and blowing sleet today! It didn't get higher than 34 degrees! Can't believe you got 3 inches! Winter isn't quite done yet!

Lora said...

Welcome back Kayren!

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to remember heart, soul and strength myself. Maybe H.S.S.??

Your snowfall is beautiful! We covered all our blossoming flower beds this evening because of the predicted freezing temps and the possibility of snow here in the mountains.

Blessings to you! And stay warm.

Bobbi said...

That has to be the most depressing Spring picture I've seen lately! Bummer... You and your guilty conscience crack me up! HA...and just so you know...I'm not so happy until about half way through my second cuppa!

Anonymous said...

The snow is so pretty!
Hope you have a great week!
Karen

ginger said...

I am a visual learner so I think of an Israelite showing his muscles. Your can extend the picture, obviously.
Enjoy your weekend!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma