Tuesday, December 14, 2010

♫ ♪ Later On ♫

♪ ♫ we'll conspire... ♪ ♫

or in the case of at least one of my kids, we'll perspire.

That child, which shall remain unnamed, told me on Sunday that they (so I don't identify whether it's a he or a she) just figured out what the word was in the song. They'd always wondered, because they didn't think it was perspire, but that made sense since they were by a fire and all. So that had to be it.

We have a cat who is not conspiring or perspiring by the fire, just enjoying it as a source of heat.

This is the first winter we've used the fireplace since it had a noxious smell every other time we'd tried to turn it on. This fall, we opened all the windows and ran it for about 10-12 hours to burn off all the smell, which had something to do with the seal and I don't know what else. It worked.

So now the cat is no longer having to use the heater vents as a way to keep warm.

He seems to be totally okay with that.

4 comments:

It's me said...

Such a nice cat !! he lies their warm and cosy...sweet sweet ......nice pictures.......i have an other side of our room now at my blog...please come and take a look Kayren.......love love love Ria.....

Mari said...

I would love a fireplace in this cold weather - that cat is pretty smart!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love a fire in the fireplace..this one has gas logs and the pilot light just makes too much noise..It is a wood burning fireplace so I'm wanting to take out the logs and change them for a gas starter so we can burn logs.
Cats do seem to find the warm spots..mine is under a blanket beside me as I type..He loves lying in the sunshine or under the heater vent if he can get up high enough. Yours is a beautiful one and so chubby.
Mama Bear

Gloria said...

God probably felt sorry for the cat and said, "Oh, OK already, I'll fix the smell/fireplace so that the poor cat won't have to continue to hang out at the heating vent. :)
Best,
Gloria

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma