Tuesday, December 14, 2010

♫ ♪ Later On ♫

♪ ♫ we'll conspire... ♪ ♫

or in the case of at least one of my kids, we'll perspire.

That child, which shall remain unnamed, told me on Sunday that they (so I don't identify whether it's a he or a she) just figured out what the word was in the song. They'd always wondered, because they didn't think it was perspire, but that made sense since they were by a fire and all. So that had to be it.

We have a cat who is not conspiring or perspiring by the fire, just enjoying it as a source of heat.

This is the first winter we've used the fireplace since it had a noxious smell every other time we'd tried to turn it on. This fall, we opened all the windows and ran it for about 10-12 hours to burn off all the smell, which had something to do with the seal and I don't know what else. It worked.

So now the cat is no longer having to use the heater vents as a way to keep warm.

He seems to be totally okay with that.

4 comments:

It's me said...

Such a nice cat !! he lies their warm and cosy...sweet sweet ......nice pictures.......i have an other side of our room now at my blog...please come and take a look Kayren.......love love love Ria.....

Mari said...

I would love a fireplace in this cold weather - that cat is pretty smart!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love a fire in the fireplace..this one has gas logs and the pilot light just makes too much noise..It is a wood burning fireplace so I'm wanting to take out the logs and change them for a gas starter so we can burn logs.
Cats do seem to find the warm spots..mine is under a blanket beside me as I type..He loves lying in the sunshine or under the heater vent if he can get up high enough. Yours is a beautiful one and so chubby.
Mama Bear

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

God probably felt sorry for the cat and said, "Oh, OK already, I'll fix the smell/fireplace so that the poor cat won't have to continue to hang out at the heating vent. :)
Best,
Gloria

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma