Friday, December 17, 2010

♪ They Were 16 Going On 17... ♫

Now they are 17!

They have been since December 3rd.

I keep hearing, "Have you done our birthday post?"

We saw the new Chronicles of Narnia movie (LOVE it) in the afternoon on the 10th and then had a sleepover. We had two decks of Dutch Blitz going so the boys could play too.

Dutch Blitz with eight people is fast and furious! I teamed up with Caboose part of the time to help him out.

We kept things small since Hubby is still recovering. We had a variety of ages over between 13 and 19. I love that about our kids and their friends. Age doesn't really matter, and they didn't have to become grown-ups to realize that. These girls all have strong Christian values and have great attitudes. They enjoy being together and playing games and not gossiping or talking about boys.

The first group of three girls went to sleep at 2:00 a.m. and the second group of three went to sleep just after 4:00 a.m. They decided they should get a little sleep.

The other night when we went out to eat, the waitress asked if we needed two kids menus. She was thinking of Caboose and Sparky. Hubby said pretty soon people are going to think they are twins! Sparky didn't think that was very funny.

By the way, they don't drive yet. We are going to enroll in driver's ed in the spring/summer when the roads aren't snowy and icy. You know, I wonder if they even do driver's ed in Michigan in the winter? Well, I just know Hubby and I do not have the constitution (especially me) to teach them to drive.

We'll warn you once they are on the road! :)

4 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to the girls! Sounds like they had a great celebration.
We are planning to see Narnia while Andy is home. I've heard great things about it.
Yes - they do have drivers ed in the crummy weather, but I think you're smart to wait.
PS - did you get your Santa? My tracking e-mail says it was delivered, but I wanted to make sure!

It's me said...

Congratulations with your daughter......woww that looks like fun !!! enjoy.......love love Ria.....and give hubby a big huge warmmmm hug from me.......xxxxx.....

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy Birthday!
They grow up so fast, don't they?
My daughter had her Birthday on the 3rd...She says she is forever more celebrating the anniversary of her 35th Birthday and not the current one...okay with me because I couldn't possibly have children as old as mine. Ha!
Mama Bear

Gloria said...

I somehow missed this post when I was leaving comment on your OTHER posts! So Happy Belated Birthday to the girls!!! They are two beautiful, lovely girls! May the good Lord bless them in the year to come!
Best,
Gloria

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma