Friday, December 31, 2010

Turtles

This was ashamedly the only thing I baked over the holidays, and I don't think it can qualify under the baking category because it was so simple.

You've probably seen them out there, but in case you haven't, I want to share the simple deliciousness of this treat with you.

Turtles
can't remember where I saw it first

mini pretzels, calls for twists, I used the square Snyder's
Rolos, unwrapped
pecan halves

Place the pretzels on a parchment paper or aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Place the Rolos on top.

Bake at 250 degrees for 3-5 minutes. You want the Rolos shiny, which means they are soft, but not melting and losing their shape on their own yet.

Press a pecan into the top of each Rolo. Place in the refrigerator to cool and set.

Try not to eat them all in one sitting.

4 comments:

It's me said...

Hhahahahah!! they look great and yammie yammie.....last year was very special for me......i found your blog and heather's blog .......it is a wonderful world filled with angels......so special.......love you !! ......

EEN HEEL GOED EN GEZOND 2011 !!!...

LIEVE GROETJES VAN MIJ....

★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
  ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

A REALLY GOOD AND HEALTHY 2011 !!!

WARM HUGS FROM ME ........

Betsy Brock said...

Yum. The Mister would especially love these! I think the square pretzels is a great idea! Yes, I can see us eating these like popcorn...on dear!

Linda said...

I made those turtles minus the pecans because I am allergic to nuts. I just put another pretzel on the top of the Rolo when they had softened. Mu husband said they were pretty good...but I know they would have been better with the pecan...more like a real turtle candy!

Love Bears All Things said...

looks simple and good. I made those Cranberry/oat cookies you shared with us earlier...that was you, wasn't it? And I made some Wedding Cookies which are so good I'll make them again..
Mama Bear

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma