Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Caved

I really was going to live with those pictures over my bed and be happy with them. I was convinced I could do it. But I was wrong.

I did not want to spend a lot of money matting or special framing these little prints, even thought they are really nice. I think that's why I was trying to convince myself they were okay.

Friday, following the goose incident and an unplanned trip to the Chevrolet body shop, I caved in and went by Michael's just to see what they had in the way of frames with mats already included. I would need 11 x 14 frames with 8 x 10 mats.

You know what I didn't know...Michael's sells a pretty nice little selection of pre-cut standard-sized mats, and some of them are even double mats. I found three black ones with the white cut marks showing for a little accent color, and three larger frames on sale (I love Michael's sales).

You saw the two before pictures, now here are the two after pictures:


They are so much better.

As for the questions the other day, the light will hang from the middle of the bedroom ceiling, and I plan on white cotton panels on black iron rods.


3 comments:

Mari said...

They look great! What a difference a frame and mat make.

Anonymous said...

Love the sleigh bed and those frames you got ARE perfect!

Bobbi said...

It worked!! Yeah...it does look great...and you get to keep the pictures you love! SMILES!!!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma