Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It Took Eight Months, But Boy, Was It Worth It!

I've been looking for the perfect picture for my bathroom wall since we moved into our house the week before Thanksgiving. Last year.

It needed to be large since it would be on the wall above the bathtub. And not just large, but large in a rectangular way.

All the other pictures I found that I thought would be perfect were square, or too small, or they were part of a matching set that didn't really seem to go together quite right, or weren't the right colors, or were black and white...well, you get the picture.

Did I mention that daisies were extremely high on my list? Like of utmost importance.

So if the picture didn't include daisies it was probably not going to work, or it was going to have to be something really special. Pretty daisies were a given. Not the ones that are stemless on posters you see around that are often unusual not-normal daisy colors. They are cute, but not adult bathroom cute.

Well, today I took my mom (and Caboose and Chatty) to Garden Ridge on the way to Sam's Club. It was an unplanned stop, and not even for pictures. I just said, "Let's look at the pictures while we're here. I haven't been here since Christmastime."

Lo and behold, there was the perfect picture, and it was rectangular. Now, it was a little damaged on the black parts, and there was a little chip in the glazing on the front, and the paper on the back was gashed in about six places. So I did what anyone would do. I asked the check-out girl if I could get a little bit marked off. You know what she said?

"We don't give discounts."

Let me just say that this picture was $79.99. With a little damage. But perfect otherwise. And I could take a Sharpie marker to the black parts and you'd never know the difference. Plus I'd been looking eight months!!!

I also found out that if it went on sale later, they wouldn't do a price adjustment. And it was the only one in the store.

But you know what, she scanned it, and it must have been put in the wrong area. It was on sale for $19.99!

Please don't get too verklempt on me when you're looking at it. I'm still trying to get over it.

But it may take me a while. I keep walking in there just to stare at it.

8 comments:

Mari said...

Woohoo!!! It looks great and you got a deal!

Bonnie said...

oh my .... it is sooo perfect !! glad you got it for such a bargain price too !!

Bobbi said...

I totally love it!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my! I bet you just about died when they scanned it! How wonderful! And it is SO you! :)

Zaankali said...

I just love that picture! I think I would be standing in the bathroom staring at it a lot also.
Smiles!

Heather and Reese said...

That picture is so great Kayren! I love it too!

We are still looking for a verticle picture for our bedroom and it's been 6 months now. It also has to be large to cover up our electric box (or whatever those are called). I hope I'm as lucky as you are :)

Heather

Ronnica said...

Perfect! I'm glad you were able to tear yourself away from it to write a post about it!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I love it!! It's perfect!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma