Tuesday, July 28, 2009

They Say the Funniest Things

You probably think this post is about Caboose.

It's not.

I might pay big for this post though.

The good news is, Hubby likes the blog. I hope that counts for something.

See, the middle of last week, Hubby got sick. He even had to miss a day of work. He never had any fever, just really bad congestion, which goes straight to his chest. Makes him cough bad, sound bad, and basically feel like he's been hit by a truck.

Since this is VBS week and we are still operating with just one vehicle, I am transporting him so that I can have it the rest of the day. He has to be at work by 6 a.m.

I.am.not.a.morning.person.

So when I talked to him Monday at about 6:40, exchanged pleasantries, which aren't usually very pleasant for me, not being a morning person, he says to me in the extremely deep, gruff, still sounding sick voice,

"Do you like my deep sexy voice?"

I immediately hear some shuffling and muffling at the other end of the phone. That is followed by,

"I was talking to my wife."

Immediately followed by this from me,

"Who was that?"

Basically, it was one of his co-workers a couple of cubicles over. He heard him and popped his head over to see what in the world was going on. Hubby told me he had to be pretty red at that point.

I feel sure he was.

And in my defense, I cleared this post with Hubby before I posted it. I was a good wife. This time.


4 comments:

Mari said...

That is funny! Tell him we are glad he a a great sense of humor and thanks for sharing with us!

Bobbi said...

Hahaha! Loverbrain's away on business and got some similar smirks from his boss who's travelling with him while my sweet hubs tried to say goodnight to his two toddlers. Things sound funny..."You went potty? Ooooo. And you saw fishies? Ooooo!" I love my man!

Betsy Brock said...

That is SO funny!

Ronnica said...

I think if I heard that from a co-worker, I'd definitely start and figure out what's going on!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma