Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

It's somewhat daunting finally typing my first blog post. I've thought about it, dwelled on it, mulled it over, and I'm still not sure what it should be about.

So I guess I'll do a quick introduction of my family. In the interest of privacy I will not be calling them by their given names, including my husband of 23 years (well, in a little less than two weeks), hereafter referred to as "Hubby." He is in the Army, but within months will be retired and moving on to something new, which means our family will be moving again, very possibly out of state and halfway across the country. We currently live on the Virginia peninsula and expect this move to be a permanent one. Here's hoping!

We have twin 14 year old fraternal daughters who also happen to have completely different personalities. They are true miracles as they were born at 27 weeks following a ten-week complete bed rest stint on my part. The oldest, by seven minutes, will be referred to as "Sassy" and the youngest will be referred to as "Sparky." I don't really think Sassy needs much introduction or explanation. Sparky is short for Spark Plug - think 4 feet 10 and 1/2 inches of pure softball grit, playing catcher no less, and you can kind of envision that one.

Our next child is an 11 year old boy, who also happens to love baseball and plays catcher a lot too. Ever since he was little we have called him Buddy or Little Buddy, so he will be "Buddy" for blogging purposes.

Our youngest child is an eight year old boy who has so many nicknames I can't even remember them all. I came up with a brand new one today with the help of the kids, and since he is the youngest and final member of the family, he will be "Caboose" for the blog.

I homeschool and have ever since the girls started kindergarten, so we are just finishing up our ninth year since the girls are completing 8th grade. I've enjoyed watching them learn to read, do math, and just seeing their faces light up when things "click." We plan to homeschool through high school, so next year will bring new challenges for us in our planning.

Although I haven't alerted any family or friends yet about my blog, I hope I can use it to keep them updated about our family, especially since we live many states away. I look forward to making some new blog friends, and if you happen to find me, please leave a comment to let me know!

No comments:

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma