Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Acronyms

My cousin Jennifer, who is really a nice girl even if she did throw sharp-pointed scissors at me once when we were teenagers, brought up the nickname she used to call me in the comments of my birthday post. It wasn't really a flattering nickname, it was identified by an acronym, but she's still a really nice girl. I promise.

And it's really no wonder that I have had hair issues my entire life.

If I could digress for just a minute though, right after this acronym comment, Hubby and I were out driving, picking up my Dairy Queen birthday cake and the Little Caeser's pizza, and a lady didn't pull out quite appropriately. This is what transpired in our vehicle next.

Hubby: "Sometimes I think people are just trying to make me mad. She's a BDC."

Me: "A Bad Driving Chick?"

Hubby: "Yes."

Me: "That's what you thought I was the other day."

Hubby: "No, I thought you were an SDC."

A few seconds of thought.

Me: "A Slow Driving Chick?"

Hubby: "Pretty soon you're going to be a GDC."

A few more seconds of thought.

Me: "A Granny Driving Chick?"

Hubby: "A Granny Driving Chick!"

Hubby couldn't remember what the acronym CBFH stood for that Jennifer used to call me either, and I reminded him a year or two ago when it came up between us the last time. I'm not so sure I want to put it here for posterity, but I'm also pretty sure I've embarrassed myself worse.

Cotton Ball Frizz Head.

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh dear...LOL...hahaha! Kids are so weird...but you and your husband are funny too! Hope your birthday was great...and thanks for the laughter!

Betsy Brock said...

Funny, funny! ha.

I love how you and hubby can read each other's minds...or decipher each other's acronyms. ha.

Mari said...

I love your sense of humor and ability to laugh! I would have never guessed that nickname!

MomsTheWord said...

I didn't think you'd do it. And forgive me for throwing scissors, I don't remember that, but that was BC, so it is entirely possible. "Happy Birthday" too, I forgot that yesterday.

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, sounds like you were having a great Birthday.
Mama Bear

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma