Friday, December 4, 2009

From Jericho to Gezer — the Land of the Olderites?

In our defense, we encourage our children to refer to people as older rather than old. And I can't think of any time that Hubby and I have ever used the word geezer, even in jest. Ever.

************

Sparky reads to Caboose from the Bible every night when he goes to bed. The other night she was reading from Joshua 16:1-4 "The allotment for Joseph began at the Jordan of Jericho, east of the waters of Jericho, and went up from there through the desert into the hill country of Bethel. It went on from Bethel (that is, Luz), crossed over to the territory of the Arkites in Ataroth, descended westward to the territory of the Japhletites as far as the region of Lower Beth Horon and on to Gezer, ending at the sea. So Manasseh and Ephraim, the descendants of Joseph, received their inheritance."

Last night out of the clear blue, Caboose tells Buddy, "There was a town named Gezer in the Bible."

Buddy says, "I bet that's where all the old people lived."

Caboose says, "Yeah, I bet that's where all the old people moved."

Buddy says, "Yeah, all the old geezers. I bet that's how old people got to be called old geezers, because the Bible is from a long time ago."

A few minutes later out of the blue, Buddy says, "I bet that's where Methuselah lived."

We've now been informed by Sparky that they learned it from Zach and Cody on one of the Suite Lifes on Disney Channel. They just had something this week on the msn homepage that Zach and Cody taught boys bad behavior. I guess I have some verbal proof now.

And two boys will be heading to Respect 101. Just as soon as we can get done giggling about it.

4 comments:

Mari said...

I shared this with Bob and we both got a good laugh out of it!

Cindy said...

How funny. It is a shame we have tvs, isn't it? I never wanted one when we got married, but my husband won. They pick up so much good and bad.
cindy

Bobbi said...

Of course, that sweet child of yours might have come up with it all on his own too. I wouldn't really put it past him. What a riot! I've been having a lot of giggling fits...hiding behind my napkin at the dinner table until I can gain a straight face to continue "disciplining!" HA!

Betsy Brock said...

That is hilarious! hahaha!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma