Friday, July 25, 2008

Know & Tell Friday ~ Travel Edition

This week my Nancy Drew instincts were all wrong. So wrong I won't even tell you how wrong. I'm not much of a traveler, so these are certainly going to be interesting.

1. What is your favorite mode of transportation (flying, train, car, boat, etc.)? Why?

My favorite mode of transportation is by car. I think it has to do with control issues, because I feel like I have the most control in that situation. Flying would be second. I haven't really traveled on a boat (like on a cruise or anything) and I don't ever really want to. There's this nagging fear of being out in the middle of the water and having no control over anything, and not many options to get out fast. You'd think based on that flying would be a problem, but I guess in my mind if there's a problem in flying, it's over pretty fast one way or another. I've never traveled by train.

2. If you could fly like Superman, jump and swing like Spiderman, swing on vines like Tarzan, or fly on an umbrella like Mary Poppins, which would you choose?

I would fly on an umbrella like Mary Poppins, because she's a neat freak, and who doesn't love Julie Andrews?

3. You're driving down the road and see a small cluster of people, all with their thumbs out hoping to hitch a ride with you. As you near the group you realize that the people standing there are Queen Elizabeth, Johnny Depp, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and John Grisham. You only have room for one person. Who would you pick up?

None of these people. I'd wait for Barbara Bush.

4. What was the most memorable trip you've ever taken?

I'll have to go with the most recent trip that did not constitute a vacation and say my trip to Michigan, to see where I'll probably live the rest of my life and buy/build a house.

5. If you were planning a road trip with your best friend, where would you start, what would you stop to see, and where would you end?

Assuming that would be Hubby, we would start at our home and go to each major league ballpark in the country. We would end at our home. Our friends here in Virginia want to do the same thing.

If it was a girlfriend best friend instead, I have no idea right now. My creative juices are zapped by the sounds of tape ripping off a roll and the craziness of this move. But believe me when I say I'd love to take a nice little trip right about now!

6. You are able to transport yourself back to any time. What would it be and why?

Now Reese didn't say if it was just to observe and then come back, because that would make a difference in my answer! I don't want to go back in my own personal life. I've made mistakes, and plenty of them, but I'd just make different ones if I had to do it all over again. Don't tell my husband I said this, but I'm not perfect. And I wouldn't want to live in a different era, because I like my modern conveniences too much.

7. Would you have flown with the Wright Brothers when they first discovered air travel?

Probably not. But not because I'm afraid of heights, but because I wouldn't have been in control.

Can you tell that control issues are a recurring theme? That is why we are moving our own stuff this time. I We can do it right and no one else can. Hubby has to pick up the truck tomorrow morning, but I will try to post some pictures before too many boxes get moved out to show you the chaos.

Go and visit Heather & Reese at Kickin' It In Crazyville for more Know & Tell Friday!

Anti-Charlotte Update:

Because we were too busy yesterday and today, we didn't get to gift Anti-Charlotte with her rubbing alcohol saturated cotton ball. But yesterday after I took pictures and blogged about the little nesty thing, she proceeded to eat it all. All! The only good thing is that I don't have to worry about little ones running free. But she's still alive. How?!

1 comment:

Heather and Reese said...

I love your answer on the car thing, wait for Barbara Bush. She does seem very sweet.

I haven't been to your blog in a few days, and that spider is just creeping me out. I would totally freak out if I found that. Reese had some huge nasty spiders in Germany and thankfully I only had to see one of them, but I did freak and it wasn't pretty!

I loved reading your answers! Heather

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma