Monday, July 21, 2008

Look What We Found!

Today Hubby worked on cleaning off the back porch, cleaning the back yard up, etc., since we're clearing quarters in less than two weeks. We had to take our trampoline down a few months ago because we unknowingly put it up against the housing privatization rules, even though we'd had it up for a year and a half. It's been on the back porch all this time waiting to be properly folded and stored. Now we could no longer procrastinate. So while he was wiping it down, look what he saw scampering across:

Hubby caught it in this empty bird feeder. It's very fat so it couldn't get out. Can you see the hourglass shape?

After I got home from a day at the outlet mall with our friends from Illinois, he showed it to me and we carefully switched it over to this jar (a Longaberger jar no less; it was a gift). You can see how fat the creature is in the picture below. It was playing dead after I had just tapped banged the jar on the counter to get it out of the top of the lid.

This spider will have to live in this jar with no holes poked in the top until it dies. I am not kind to spiders. I have a great fear of them. It is now back on the porch still in the jar because I'm paranoid the jar will be accidentally knocked over and broken. I hope no spider lovers read this, and I'm sorry if you are. But it's poisonous people!

And don't plan on ever seeing spider pictures again on this blog. I'm a little surprised that I'm posting these. But really, my first real black widow ever not in a zoo building glass-encased safety cage. Kind of deserved it.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Yuck! I don't like spiders on a good day, and a poisonous one would not even make it to a jar. It is interesting to see though. There's one benefit to coming to Michigan - I've never seen one of those here!

Heather and Reese said...

YIKES!!!! I am slowly getting over a fear of spiders, but if I found that thing at my house I'd be back at square one, probably for good.

I'm sorry it was you, but I'm glad it wasn't me!

Blessings.

~Reese

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma