Monday, January 25, 2010

I never say never

Because when I say never, then I do.

And when I want to say never, it's usually something I really don't want to do, so I don't want to say never. I've managed to get around that little technicality.

"I will probably not ever (fill in the blank)."

For example, I will probably not ever watch the movie "Arachnophobia" being an arachnophobe. Because I have absolutely no desire to ever in my lifetime watch it, so I won't say never.

And about a month ago when I was flipping through the onscreen guide to find something to watch, guess what movie was on? I actually thought to myself, "If I'd said never I'd have to watch that just because I said never, and now I don't.

See how it works.

And all of that nonsense just to tell you something really important. I will probably not ever read my Bible in a year again, because I am loving reading it through in 90 days.

I'm a little bit about instant gratification, which in and of itself can be a fault, but a year does drag out a little for me. 90 days is a fairly short timeline in consideration of the length of the Book. If I'm able to read without interruption, it's about an hour a day. It just means I'm not reading other books. Which is okay.

There were multiple bloggers that were doing this challenge. I never signed up anywhere officially. I think the first place I saw it was at We Are THAT Family. I clicked through the links and there is actually a Bible (NIV version) designed for reading it through in 90 days. I haven't seen it, but the type is supposed to be a little larger and easier on the eyes, and I'm assuming it's broken down by the days.

They also had a list to print of the daily readings for each of the 90 days where you use your own Bible. This is what I did since I didn't have time to buy the Bible and get it by the beginning of the year. I'm using my NIV version, until I get to Job and Psalms when I'll use The Message because I don't do poetry.

You don't have to start at the beginning of the year, so if you want to check out the Bible you can click here or here, and if you want to just print off the list and use your own Bible click here.

I highly recommend reading it this way. It reads much more like a book and flows so much better.

I will probably do it again this way after I finish it, maybe trying to group it into 90 days from my chronological one year Bible, and I will probably not ever read it over an entire year again.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved this post! And I love your blog. And I am a new follower and looking forward to reading more.

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I'm so glad you are reading the Bible in 90 Days! Did you start with the rest of us Jan 1? How is it coming along? We hav a great twitter stream of encouragement: #B90Days and weekly check-ins on Mondays on MomsToolbox. Would love to hear form you, too!!!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma