Friday, January 15, 2010

Humph!

Last night Hubby did the unthinkable.

He realized Buddy was taller than me.

None of us had realized it before that.

Of course, it could have been the illusion of the fluffy hair I have (that's why I had to use my finger and show you where my head really is).

He's a full inch taller than me now.

I had Hubby secretly follow Buddy up the stairs to see if he ran off to tell the other kids.

He did.

Buddy said to Sparky (our resident shorty at 4'11" who will always be my favorite child!), "Sparky, I just accomplished something that you'll never be able to say you accomplished."

Of course the plan was to tell her he was taller than me knowing that she never would be.

But before he had the chance, Caboose chimed in with his two cents.

"What, you kissed a girl?"

Buddy says over everyone's laughter, "No, I'm taller than Mom!"

Of course it lost some of it's impact by then.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, that's funny! It's a strange feeling when your kids are taller than you, isn't it.
Cindy

Mari said...

Oh, your kids are so funny! All of mine are now taller than me!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

LOL That's so funny!!

Betsy Brock said...

That's hilarious!

I remember the first time it dawned on me that Taylor was getting tall. He happened to be in trouble and we were face to face and I was scolding him...and stopped mid sentence and started laughing...when I realized that we were exactly eye to eye! ha. He's since passed me up with my 5.5 to his 6.1 :)

Mrs Twins said...

Your son is a credit to you ! This is a wonderful photo of you both.
Hugs and Love Suex

Unknown said...

I remember when Marcus got taller then my husband and I. They grow up so fast!

Bobbi said...

Very funny!! I actually LOLed!

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma