Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finally Finished!

The project that wouldn't end has ended.

This is the best before picture I could find.

Unfortunately it doesn't show the knobs from the doors. But I did take pictures of them before I tossed them.

When I unscrewed them before I painted the doors, they came apart.

Being screwed on is what kept them together.

I wanted new door hardware anyway. I couldn't find anything with the small spread these had, so I patched up the holes and drilled new ones.

Paint and power tools all in one project. If it hadn't taken the better part of the week it might have been exciting.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - what an improvement! They look great!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the contrast of the white bookcases against the orange walls.
Mama Bear

Shelia said...

Congratulations. The cabinets turned out beautifully!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on finally finishing. I bet you are so relieved to have the project done. Blogging does inspire us to complete projects~just so we can finally take that picture!
Great job.
Blessings,
Debbie

Crystal said...

It looks really good! I'll bet that was a lot of work too. Well worth it!

shabbyrosetreasures said...

OH my the white is 100 times better! I panicked when I first saw the pictures thinking you had taken the white paint off! Great job even if it was time consuming!!! If you have time stop by my blog at http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/
I am giving away a free teapot in April!
Hugs,
Olivia

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma