Monday, October 20, 2008

See, I Told You Hubby Loves Me

Last week Hubby had to make his first business trip as a civilian. He's actually doing the same job he did a little over two years ago when we lived in Illinois and he worked across the river in St. Louis. At that time he was an active duty military member, and now he is a government civilian. He had kept in touch with the men he worked with here in the Detroit area while we lived in Virginia, and when the time came to retire there was a job opportunity available for him here.

So with that background information now known to you, which doesn't really have anything to do with my hubby loving me, I can get on with the story. Hubby had to fly to El Paso, Texas, for the week. He flew through Dallas on the way, and this is what I got:


Yep, two of them in one stop. Of course the two cities are right there together.

Then while he was in the El Paso/Fort Bliss area, he found this mug for me, the first one I have that is a state mug and not just a city mug:

I now have a total of 21 mugs counting my Pike Place mug, which is the one that got it all started. That's one of the good things about Hubby traveling — I can look forward to possibly getting a new mug when he travels to a new place.

That and I get the bed all to myself for a few nights.

10 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

Nice! What a thoughtful gift!

We have a small collection of the Starbucks mugs with the countries--- I have no idea what they're called. We have Kuwait, Heidelberg and England. Oh, except that Heidelberg isn't a country. Anyway...

~Reese

Mari said...

I love those mugs. Do you have them displayed? It's a nice way for him to show you that he is thinking of you when he is away.

Heather and Reese said...

My pastor collects those, he has a ton of them! When I went to Germany and Italy, I was so upset because I couldn't find a Starbucks to bring it back for him. Luckily Reese did when she came home for a visit so I was able to give it to him. He says he visits a different country/town every morning with his cup of coffee! :)

Those are really awesome mugs!

Heather

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun thing to collect! And I love the blue and white design of them!

Monica said...

Am I getting these too??

Kayren said...

Hey girl! Yes, you're getting these too, but because I love you, not my hubby.

Can't wait to see you in December.

Kayren said...

I mean because I love you, not because my hubby loves you. I do love my hubby.

Kayren said...

Mari,

Unfortunately, 15 of them are still in a box unpacked. When I first got here in Michigan I got one out of the box and left the rest. Now I at least have a few more to drink from if that one is dirty.

When I get in my house I'm not sure what I will do with them, other than keep them in a cabinet and drink out of them. I'd like to display them, but I'm not sure how yet.

Right now I'd just like to get in my house. That's a whole long drawn out story right now though.

~ Kayren

Betsy Brock said...

But we love long, drawn out stories! Do share... :)

Kayren said...

I'd have to whine though, and that wouldn't be very pretty, although I have been seriously debating a blog post about it. Maybe in a few days...

 
Designed by Blogs by Sneaky Momma